Tuesday 25 February 2020

'Counseling' with the Tarot

Counseling with the use of Tarot

When I first started out on my Tarot journey I really expected to be telling people their fortunes till one client who I had read for previously asked for another reading. When I arrived at the client's home, the client said to me, "I don't want a reading but can I have a talk with you over a cup of tea or something?" I wasn't sure what they were going to talk to me about and was quite unprepared for this type of situation. I said I would have a chat and a drink and see if I might be able to give them some kind of advice or at least reassurance with the problem or situation.

I sat myself at the kitchen table while the client made the drinks, chatting generally while doing so but not about their question at hand. Once the drinks were ready the client brought them to the table and sat down facing me. The client explained what the situation was and asked if I had any advice but stated quite clearly that any advice would be between the two of us and strictly confidential.

I listened to the client without interruption and once they had finished I said that there was nothing that I could think of or suggest to help them out. At that point I asked the client if they would oblige me and let me consult my cards. The client said that a reading would not help or assist in solving the problem. I said that it was not going to be a reading as such, more of a consultation with my cards to see if they could give me some kind of inspiration or insight. The client agreed and asked if I wanted another drink. Another drink would be fine I said as I started to shuffle my cards and concentrate on the client's problem.

After a good 10 to 15 minuets of laying cards in different spreads and really seeing nothing I remembered a spread that someone showed me a few years previously and one that I had never used before during a client reading. It was simple and straightforward and was called the "Multi Question" spread, were you lay the first card, which is the question/issue/focus and then underneath on a second row lay another card which you call, the first issue. The first issue card does not answer the question but may give you some clues or indications. If it doesn't then you lay another card along side and to the right, calling this card the second issue and so on, laying down consecutive cards. By the time I had reached card 6, issue 5 that is. I had a complete picture and answers for the client.
This is the Spread I used but not the cards.

I explained the cards in detail and how they came to certain answers etc. The client's face turned from a grey, worried frown to bright and very happy one. The relief just seemed to fall of their shoulders as I explained further.

Since that meeting I have used my cards along with astrology data, sometimes for business clients, to solve many issues that required a different approach other than a Tarot reading. Some businesses don't think it looks very professional having a Tarot reader trying to predict the future of their next super product and so I am classed as a consultant and advisor. Me personally, I don't care what they call me or what label they attach, just as long as I can provide a professional and exclusive service for my client to use now and in the future.

No comments: